The successful applicant will support our Volunteer Manager to recruit and organise volunteers including volunteer outreach, maintaining contact, handling paperwork and ensuring all volunteers have a positive experience.
- Learn about what FoodCycle do and why and convey this information to our potential volunteers
- Research sources of volunteers and collect details
- Support out Volunteer Manager at volunteer recruitment sessions, presentations and events
- Build relationships with volunteers and ensure they have a positive experience
- Ensuring volunteer resources are up to date
- Coordinating with volunteers prior to cooking sessions
- Assisting with training and/or info sessions for new & existing volunteers
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun!
- Self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal
- Energetic and approachable. Confident in approaching and working with volunteers
- Able to motivate others and understand the needs of different people
- Confident in telephone, email and face-to-face communication
- Well organised and excellent computer skills
- Previous volunteering experience
- Previous experience leading volunteers
- Previous experience with databases and making rotas
To apply for the role, send a cover letter with your relevant experience and motivations to firstname.lastname@example.org.