We’re looking for a Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator. You’ll help ensure we’re reaching sectors of the community who are most in need of our service. It’s a crucial role within our team – without service users (guests at our meals) our hub has no purpose!
Currently our sessions are open to the whole community – no one is turned away. However our core target are those on low income or who feel socially isolated. We can seat 40 people and are currently serving 30 so help us fill those extra seats!
- You’ll learn about what FoodCycle does and why so that you can convey this information to potential partners, community groups and service users.
- We’ll ask you to carry out online and on the ground research into possible target groups for FoodCycled meals in Bath.
- We may need you to research new, affordable, kitchen spaces.
- You’ll work to build relationships with local and relevant organisations/groups.
- And then maintain these relationships to enable possible collaborations in the future.
- You’ll remain a key contact for partners communicating via email and telephone.
- And review the feedback collected from Service Users with the Community Participation Leader to assess whether the purpose of FoodCycle is being met.
- We also hope you’ll get involved in running our Community Meal, with a view to potentially take on a leadership role in these sessions.
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Do you have empathy and social skills for communicating with disadvantaged groups?
- Do you have have excellent research skills?
- Are you confident to approach potential friends and partners of FoodCycle?
- And confident in telephone, email and face-to-face communication?
- Able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)
- Be able to attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Attend the occasional team leader meetings?
If you’ve also got previous volunteering experience, experience working with disadvantaged groups, and/or experience conducting research that would be great, but its not essential.
Email us on email@example.com.
A description of the role can be found on the main FoodCycle website.