We’re looking for someone who will take responsibility for all of our fundraising, which is vital to sustain the Bath FoodCycle project. Your target will be to raise £3500 in one financial year (Sept to August). You’ll use your initiative and creativity to organise events and activities whilst leading a small team to see them through to success.
Last year, due to a number of incredible fundraising events, we were able to make our fundraising goal early and finished near the top in the hub fundraising league table! Could you do better?! We have to raise £2500 to ensure our hub’s sustainability, plus a extra £1000 to pay our annual kitchen rental charges.
- You’ll brain-storm innovative fundraising ideas with the group, including both one off events and ongoing funding streams.
- You’ll gain great event planning skills through organising and overseeing events. That includes carrying out the initial research, building up relationships with partners, securing donations and venues, and arranging logistics for all activities.
- You’ll be motivating and inspiring the team, local businesses and the general public about Bath FoodCycle.
- Events have to be financially viable, so you’ll be creating basic budgets for each events detailing costs and estimating profits to meet targets.
- You’ll maintain close contact with the Volunteer Manager to ensure events run smoothly
- You’ll also be working with the PR and Commuications hub leader to publicize your events, the Food Coordinator and Head Chef if you need food and anyone else on the team who can contribute .
- You’ll be researching other sources of funding and apply for grants.
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Could you inspire and motivate others about our project?
- Are you confident in approaching and working with large organisations?
- Do you have a confident telephone, email and face-to-face communication manner?
- Are you well organised with excellent computer skills?
- Do you have a good understanding of social media and its uses?
- Do you have excellent writing skills with ability to tailor material to suit any audience?
- Are you able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)?
- Can you attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Available for the occasional hub leader meetings?
If you have previous volunteering experience, experience or event planning and/or a history with fundraising that would be great, but it’s not essential.
Email us on email@example.com.
A role description document is available on the main FoodCycle website.