- You’ll brain-storm innovative fundraising ideas with the group, including both one off events and ongoing funding streams.
You’ll gain great event planning skills through organising and overseeing events. That includes carrying out the initial research, building up relationships with partners, securing donations and venues, and arranging logistics for all activities.
- You’ll be motivating and inspiring the team, local businesses and the general public about Bath FoodCycle.
Events have to be financially viable, so you’ll be creating basic budgets for each events detailing costs and estimating profits to meet targets.
- You’ll maintain close contact with the Volunteer Manager to ensure events run smoothly.
You’ll also be working with the PR and Communications hub leader to publicize your events, the Food Coordinator and Head Chef if you need food and anyone else on the team who can contribute.
- You’ll be researching other sources of funding and apply for grants.
And you’ll take part in our cooking and community outreach sessions – potentially with a view to taking a responsible role through training and support.
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Could you inspire and motivate others about our project?
- Are you confident in approaching and working with large organisations?
- Do you have a confident telephone, email and face-to-face communication manner?
- Are you well organised with excellent computer skills?
- Do you have a good understanding of social media and its uses?
- Do you have excellent writing skills with ability to tailor material to suit any audience?
- Are you able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)?
- Can you be attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Are you free Thursday evenings for hub leader meetings?
If you have previous volunteering experience, experience or event planning and/or a history with fundraising that would be great, but it’s not essential.