We’re looking for someone to handle the majority of our internal/external communications. You’ll manage public relations and work with the Social Media Officer to raise the profile of Bath FoodCycle in the local community.
Finding new volunteers, maintaining food supplies and raising our annual fundraising target is all so much easier if people know who we are and are sympathetic to what we do. Your role is essential to the hub and you’ll work in a wide variety of areas within the hub team.
- You’ll learn about what FoodCycle does and why so that you can convey this information to potential target audiences within our local community.
- You’ll be instrumental in raising awareness of Bath FoodCycle in the press through writing and following up press releases and campaign messages relating to all our activities and events as agreed with the Hub Team.
- We’ll ask you to build up relationships with the press, Bath Council, local businesses and other charitable organisations in and around Bath.
- You’ll need to familiarise yourself with the main FoodCycle website and our social media avenues, and help volunteers to access it.
- You’ll work closely with our Social Media coordinator to keep our online presence current and active.
- And you’ll work with our Food Coordinator to ensure we maintain strong relations with our current suppliers so they understand the essential role they play in our hub.
- You’ll read and respond to emails and telephone calls, and maintain our ‘Contacts’ database
- And we hope you’ll help create posters and general publicity material in collaboration with other Hub Leaders.
- We also hope you’ll get involved in running our Community Meal, with a view to potentially take on a leadership role in these sessions.
- Do you love food?
- Are you confident in approaching and working with large organisations?
- Do you have excellent writing skills with an ability to tailor materials to suit a variety of audiences?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Able to inspire and motivate others about our project?
- Confident in telephone, email and face-to-face communication?
- Well organised with excellent computer skills?
- Have a good understanding of social media and its uses?
- Able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)
- Be able to attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Are available for the occasional team leader meetings?
If you have previous volunteering experience, communications experience (including databases), and/or experience writing press releases, blogging and creating publicity material that would be great, but it’s not essential.
Email us on email@example.com.