- We’ll ask you to learn what FoodCycle does and why and convey this information to target audiences within the local community.
- You’ll raise awareness in the press by writing and following up press releases for all events agreed by the hub leaders.
- And build up relationships with the press, Bath Council and other charitable organisations.
- You’ll support the PR and Communications Manager in reading and responding to emails and telephone calls, and maintain our ‘Contacts’ database.
- And assist the Social Media Officer in keeping all of our social media busy and up to date and relaying campaign messages.
- We hope you’ll assist in creation of posters and general publicity material in collaboration with other Hub Leaders.
- And familiarise yourself with the main FoodCycle website in order to help Volunteers to access it.
- We hope you’ll get involved in running our Community Meal, with a view to potentially take on a leadership role in these sessions.
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Could you inspire and motivate others about our project?
- Are you confident in approaching and working with large organisations?
- Do you have a confident telephone, email and face-to-face communication manner?
- Are you well organised with excellent computer skills?
- Do you have a good understanding of social media and its uses?
- Do you have excellent writing skills with ability to tailor material to suit an audience?
- Are you able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)?
- Can you be attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Are you free Thursday evenings for hub leader meetings.
If you have previous volunteering experience, previous communications experience (including databases) and/or previous experience of writing press releases or blogging that would be great, but it’s not essential.