- You’ll learn about what FoodCycle does and why so that you can convey this information to potential target audiences through our social media channels.
- You’ll be instrumental in raising awareness of Bath FoodCycle through use of our social media outlets and scheduling programmes.
- You’ll write blog updates on food related topics and respond to comments.
- You’ll write our monthly volunteer newsletter with input from the hub team.
- We’ll ask you to build strategic online relationships with organisations to further our activities in volunteer recruitment, community outreach and fundraising.
- You’ll get to build our YouTube channel and see how this new avenue can be used.
- You’ll work closely with our PR & Communications Coordinator to raise awareness and promote our campaign messages.
- We also hope you’ll get involved in running our Community Meal, with a view to potentially take on a leadership role in these sessions.
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Could you inspire and motivate others about our project?
- Are you well organised with excellent computer skills?
- Do you have a good understanding of social media and its uses?
- Do you have excellent writing skills with ability to tailor material to suit any audience?
- Are you able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each week, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)?
- Can you be attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Are you free Thursday evenings for Hub Leader meetings?
If you’ve also got previous experience as a volunteer that would be great, but it’s not essential.