We’re looking for someone to help recruit and organise our team of volunteers. Your duties would include finding new volunteers, maintaining contact with current volunteers, monitoring experiences and ensuring everyone has a positive time whilst volunteering with us.
Currently we have hundreds officially signed up to our hub, but the number of active volunteers fluctuates seasonally, and others move away to new lives. So we’re always looking for new recruits. Core, reliable volunteers are the lifeblood of our weekly cooking sessions. Your challenge is to keep the rota full!
- We’ll ask you to learn about what FoodCycle does and why, and then convey this information to our potential Volunteers.
- We hope you’ll research new sources of volunteers from all sectors of the community and work with the Volunteer team to coordinate them into our activities.
- You’ll use volunteer recruitment sessions, presentations and events to seek new volunteers and promote our activities.
- You’ll build relationships with our existing Volunteers and ensure they have a positive experience with us.
- You’ll be the key contact for our Volunteers communicating via email and telephone.
- And you’ll maintain the volunteer rota to ensure smooth running of our cooking sessions. A critical role!
- We’ll ask you to assist in organising training and information sessions for Volunteers in collaboration with the Community Participation Leader and Head Chef.
- And get involved in running our Community Meal, with a view to potentially take on a leadership role in these sessions.
- Organise regular one-off socials for our volunteers!
- Do you love food?
- Are you a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to have fun?
- A self-starter, capable of working alone and using initiative to reach end goal?
- Energetic and approachable. Confident in approaching and working with volunteers?
- Able to motivate others and understand the needs of different people?
- Confident in telephone, email and face-to-face communication?
- Well organised and excellent computer skills?
- Able to give us 6-8 hours of your time each month, and be able to stay with us longer than 6 months (preferably a year)?
- Be able to attend at least one cooking session a month on a Wednesday evening?
- Are available for the occasional hub leader meetings?
If you’ve also got previous volunteering experience, previous experience leading volunteers and previous experience with databases and making rotas that would be great, but it’s not essential.
Email us on email@example.com.
A role description document is available via the main FoodCycle website.