This recipe works fantastically in loads of different situations. Serve by itself as a starter, or turn up the heat and add rice and yoghurt and serve as a main. You can also chop and change between spices for a change of flavours.
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Turmeric
Pinch of Ginger
Hot Chilli to taste
500g Peeled potatoes
1. Cube potatoes, about 5cm across.
2. Mix spices together in a bowl, add water and mix until a thick paste is formed.
3. Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes, they are done when they are soft and you can easily push through them with a fork. Drain well.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, add potatoes and the curry paste. Stir until the potatoes are coated.
5. Fry, while turning occasionally, until crispy all over.
Eat and enjoy!